American Orthodontics is the world's largest privately held manufacturer of orthodontic appliances, with more than 600 employees worldwide serving customers in more than 100 countries.
Since Dan Merkel founded American in 1968, we have been dedicated to continuously innovating products and processes to provide the best overall value to our customers.
Our commitment to excellence is reflected throughout our 280,000 square foot state of the art manufacturing and office facility in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, where we manufacture 95% of our product offering. In the local community, we are known as an excellent employer and in turn, benefit from a low employee turnover rate. We have many associates with over 10, 20, and even 30 years of experience. We also have the most experienced sales force in the industry coupled with our ever-growing network of subsidiaries and distributors worldwide that ensures great, long lasting and beneficial relationships with our customers.
We proudly provide the highest level of product quality, dependable delivery and personalized service to help orthodontists give patients the smiles they deserve.
- Industry leading innovations in robotics and automation
- Consistent sales growth each year since 1968
- 2002 and 2009 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year Award
- 2012 Sheboygan County Economic Driver of the Year Award
- CE Mark approved for Europe
- ISO 13485: 2003 Certified
- E and E* Award for Excellence in exporting goods abroad
AO is also committed to education, and is a leader in supporting the continuation of the orthodontic specialty. We are proud to be the only company that is a Diamond Corporate Partner of the American Association of Orthodontists Foundation (AAOF), which entails a $1 million donation. The AAOF supports education and research with grants, gifts and awards, and also supports junior faculty to ensure Universities have high level and dedicated faculty to ensure the next generation of orthodontists are properly trained.
American Orthodontics doesn't just
hire the best talent; we retain it.
In the News
- American Orthodontics Wins Seven Orthotown® Ortho Townie Choice Awards™.
- American Orthodontics wins three MarCom Awards for Marketing Materials.
- American Orthodontics announces product highlights ahead of AAO.
- Harmony Digital Lingual System Enhances Scanner Compatibility, Adds Educational Opportunities.
- American Orthodontics Launches New Luno Instruments.
Sign up to receive new product and other information from American Orthodontics!